Science Summary 2014-2015

This year has been an exciting year.  I thought I would share it with my followers.  We moved to our new town in the summer of 2011.  I spent the first 3 years updating the house, taking care of my boys, renewing my teaching certificate, and slowly starting my TeachersPayTeachers.com store.  After my certificate was renewed I felt it was time to start my business again.  The balance of full time teaching just doesn't fit with my families schedule and I love to teach science.  This past year I offered science classes at my home.  I teach a Conducting and Creating Investigation Class that focused on plant investigations. The light huts we created are wonderful.  I even used mine to start my broccoli early.  The activities we did for K-2 students can be found here. 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Growing-Plants-in-a-Light-Hut-Kindergarten-First-and-Second-Grade-Students-1588679
 
The students learned the parts of an investigation and are using my Creating Original Investigations Workbooks to create Science Fair Projects.  In mid May we will have a poster display.  Students will get to share their projects with family and other students family.  It should be a fabulous night.
 
 
My monthly themed class did everything from learning about slime to walking on eggs.  Below is a highlight of our wonderful year.  I am looking forward to many more exciting science experiences in 2015-16 school year.
 
 
 
 
Next years Creating and Conducting Class will be focusing on solids, liquids, and gasses.  Keep a look out for journals on those topics.  I will continue to finish up my projects from the year.  It takes a while to get hands-on investigations in my store.  I like to make sure whatever I post has been tested and I give teachers as many tips as I can.  There are so many times I try an investigation I found and it does not work.  That can be so difficult.  I work very hard to make sure I have created the right measurements and steps to make it a successful experience for the students and teacher. 
 
 
Happy Spring!  Be sure to check out the Teacher Appreciation Sale on TeachersPayTeachers.com May 5th and 6th.  Thank you to all of the teachers for all of your hard work.
 
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kimberly-Scott-Science/
 
 
 



Popular Posts